Effective as of July 13, 2018
Last modified: October 01, 2018
We are aware of the fact that privacy and security is a major concern on the Internet. When you visit our website, you’re trusting us with your information. We want our website to be safe, useful and enjoyable for everyone. Here at Tone Insight, we take our visitors’ personal privacy very seriously. For this reason, we work hard to protect your privacy and put you in control whilst striving to provide the best user experience.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
We are aware of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that came into effect on May 25th, 2018. We are committed to being in full compliance with this regulation.
The Purpose of this Policy
Definitions used in this Policy
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data.
Data subject – a natural person whose personal data is being processed.
Child/Children/minor – a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us/our/website/site/Tone Insight (either capitalized or not) – https://www.toneinsight.com
User/Visitor – a natural person who visits our website.
Who we are
Tone Insight is a website which was founded in July 2018 by Gökhan Damgacı, a reelancer pianist, field recordist, sound designer, and composer from Turkey.
Our website address is https://www.toneinsight.com.
Our website is hosted at Turhost
We use WordPress as our content management system.
Data protection principles we follow
We promise to follow the following fundamental data protection principles:
- Integrity and confidentially – We do our best to ensure the integrity and the confidentiality of your personal data. We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or protect our rights.
- Lawful, fair, transparent processing – Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before processing your personal data. We will provide you with information regarding processing upon request.
- Limited to the purpose – We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. Our processing activities fit the purpose for which personal data was gathered.
- Processing with minimal data – We only gather and process the minimal amount of personal data required for any purpose.
- Limited to a time period – We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- Processing with accuracy – We do our best to ensure the accuracy of your personal data.
- Processing with consent – We respect our visitors and their privacy. We don’t collect any data associated with you unless you give us your prior consent.
Legal Bases For Processing
We only use your personal information as permitted by law. We are required to inform you of the legal bases of our processing of your personal information, which are described below.
• To provide the services – If you visit our website and choose to comment on our content, we need to use your Personal Data to provide you with the commenting service.
• To deliver you advertising, for security compliance, fraud prevention and safety, to prosecute or defend legal claims – These processing activities constitute our legitimate interests. We consider and balance any potential impact on you and your rights before we process your Personal Data for our legitimate interests. We do not use your Personal Data for activities where our interests are overridden by the impact on you (unless we have your consent or are otherwise required or permitted to by law)
• For compliance with the law – Processing is necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
• With your consent – Processing is based on your consent. Where we rely on your consent you have the right to withdraw it anytime in the manner indicated or by contacting us.
Data We Collect
The data we collect on you as a visitor depends on how you use this website. In this section, we will cover all the different types of personal data (as per the definition of GDPR) that we collect and explain why we collect it. We collect personal data about you in the following ways:
The information you give us
We don’t have an account system on our website. The only way you may provide us with your Personal Data is our comment section. Personal data that you may provide through our comment forms with us include:
• Identity information – Such as your first name and last name
• Contact information – Such as your email address and website (optional)
This data is only necessary for delivering you a commenting service on our posts to enhance your experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment on the website.
When our visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form (your name, email, website (optional)), and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We use Akismet Anti-Spam plugin by Automattic on our website. This plugin checks your comments against their global database of spam to prevent our website from publishing malicious content. The information Akismet collects includes the commenter’s IP address, user agent, referrer, and Site URL (along with other information directly provided by the commenter such as their name, email address, and the comment itself.
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
Sensitive Personal Data Notice
We ask that you not send or disclose to us any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to the racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or union membership) on or through our comment forms.
Changes to your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. If you would like to review the data you have provided to us because you feel that what we presently have on record is incorrect, and/or you would like your data erased from our records, you can so do by contacting us using the contact details below.
Under GDPR you have a right to withdraw your consent, to change the information we hold about you, and to restrict processing. We are more than happy to comply with this in accordance with the law. See What rights you have on your data section of this Policy to learn about your rights on your data in detail.
Information automatically collected
This includes information that cookies and other session tools automatically restore. Our servers may automatically record certain information such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, device, and browser type, operating system, the pages or posts of the website you browsed and the time spent on those pages or posts, the frequency with which you visit our website, search terms, and other statistics.
We collect this information in server logs and by using cookies to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements around the website, gather demographic information about our visitor base as a whole, and deliver advertising. See our Cookie Notice for more information.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How we may use your Personal Data
We may use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
• Operating, maintaining, and improving our website;
• Communicating with you regarding our content and website;
• To better understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with us;
• Delivering you advertising (Learn more about cookies in our Cookie Notice)
• For security, compliance, fraud prevention and safety
• To fulfill an obligation under the law.
How your Personal Data may be disclosed
Service Providers – We may share your personal information with our third party service providers so that they may administer and provide some services on our behalf such as spam protection. We check the comments of our visitors through an automated spam detection service. This website uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed by visiting this link: Automattic Privacy Notice
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement; Protection and Safety – We may disclose your personal information as we believe appropriate to government or law enforcement officials for the security, compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes; as required by law, lawful requests or legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities; where permitted by law in connection with any legal investigation; and to prosecute or defend legal claims.
Other Information we may collect
Other Information is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
• Browser and device information
• Information collected through cookies, and other technologies
If we must treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information as detailed in this Policy.
How we may collect Other Information
How we may use and disclose Other Information
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we must do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
How long we retain your data
We will only retain your Personal Data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal requirements.
Currently, we only need your Personal Data in our comments section. If you choose to leave a comment on our website, you should enter your accurate Personal Data before writing your comment. This is so we can recognize the commenters are real individuals. This will also allow us to approve any follow-up comments without holding them in moderation queue for longer than they need to be. We maintain your comment and the Personal Data you give us with your comment for the duration of the existence of those comments.
If you leave a comment on our website, you may opt-in to save your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. Those cookies will last for one year. But you may opt-out to save your Personal Data too. This way you should enter your Personal Data every time you want to leave a comment on our website.
Please see our Cookie Notice for the retention times of the cookies we use on our website.
What rights you have over your data
If you visit this website and if you have left comments on this site, as a data subject you have the following rights:
• Information – meaning you have to right to know whether we process your personal data; what data we gather, from where we obtain it, why we process it.
• Access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your personal data gathered.
• Rectification – meaning yo have the right to request rectification or erasure of your personal data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for the erasure of your Personal Data from our records. This does not include any data we must keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
• Restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
• Object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
• Object to automated processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing.
• Data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another. If you have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us.
• Complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you don’t like the way we handle your please contact us.
• Withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
You can submit all your requests by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may require or permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why subject to legal restrictions.
How we protect data
The security of your data is important to us. In accordance with GDPR, we adopt appropriate measures to help prevent unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of the information we collect.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we use reasonable efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security; any transmission is at your own risk.
What data breach procedures we have in place
After becoming aware of a potential personal data breach, within 72 hours, we notify the relevant supervisory authority. If the breach is likely to result in a high risk of adversely affecting individuals’ rights and freedoms, we also inform those individuals without undue delay.
What third parties we receive data from
We don’t request, receive and/or process any Personal Data associated with our visitors from third parties.
Use of our website by minors (children)
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. This website is not for individuals under the age of thirteen (13). We request that they do not use this website and provide Personal Data through our comment forms.
If we learn that any user is under the age of 13, we will take appropriate steps to delete that individual’s personal data and restrict that individual from future access to our website.
Mobile Phone: +90 544 4721447