Effective as of August 2, 2019
Please read everything below carefully and check them occasionally, as they may change from time to time.
Before reading our cookie principles on this Cookie Notice, please check your Default Cookie Settings below. Also, you can change your consent below.
Below you can choose which kind of cookies you allow on this website. Click on the "Save cookie settings" button to apply your choice.
What Do Cookies Do?
The purpose of the cookies is to help the website keep track of your visits and activity. It isn’t always a bad thing. For example, a cookie can remember your login information or preferences for a website. So when you visit that website again, you can resume where you left off. Also, cookies allow websites to collect data about user activities, such as how many unique visitors a page receives per month.
Are Cookies Safe?
Under normal circumstances, cookies cannot infect your computer with malware. However, some malware may act like cookies.
Types of Cookies
Websites have no memories. So, they treat a user going from page to page as a completely new visitor. Session cookies enable a website to recognize you. Your computer stores these cookies for the duration of your visit and then deletes them when you close your browser.
Persistent cookies enable websites to remember you on subsequent visits. Therefore, they speed up or enhance your experience of services they offer. Websites set these cookies for a while after you close the browser.
Sources of Cookies
The source of a first-party cookie is the website you visit. So, websites set these cookies.
The source of the third-party cookies is anything but the website you visit. For example, when you visit a website like this, you can see that the content of the site comes from the site, but the ads come from another server or website. This means that the website directs your browser to collect information from a different site’s ad server. Why does a website use third-party advertisements? The answer is simple. Many websites depend on advertising to continue their operations.
Also, websites use third-party cookies for analytics services. This way, webmasters can understand the use of their sites.
We committed ourselves to be in full compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Therefore, we set up a proper cookie consent for our visitors. So that you may also read about our cookie consent principles.
- True Choice: We respect the choices of our visitors. We couldn’t go ahead and force them to accept our policies to visit our website. Therefore, you are free to choose whether to accept or reject cookies on our website. Your choices will be valid for one day if you don’t decide to change them.
- Prior Consent: Our website doesn’t use any cookies other than essential cookies before your consent. None of the third-party advertisement or analytics cookies will work before you give your consent to us. You can check this by visiting Cookie Checker. Enter our website URL there and see it for yourself.
- Withdrawable: If you change your mind, you can withdraw your consent. To adjust your cookie choices, you can use the Cookie Settings section above.
Types of Cookies We Use
- To allow you to comment on our posts and
sahreour posts on social media,
- To understand how you use our website, and to serve you relevant advertisements.
In some cases, we use third-party cookies. But, don’t worry, we mean no harm to our visitors. Besides, you can disable all of them. Here are the cookies we use on our website.
We use essential cookies to allow you to use some of the features of our website, such as comments. If you block these cookies from your browser, then these features may not work for you.
We use functionality cookies to allow our website to remember your choices. This way, we intend to provide you a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-select your preferences every time you visit our website. We only use these cookies on our comment and contact forms only with your consent.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may choose to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. This way, you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Advertising companies use these cookies to collect information about how you use our website over time. These companies use this information to show you advertisements they believe will be relevant to you and to measure how the ads perform. On our website, we use third-party cookies of Google AdSense and Impact Radius for advertisement.
Our Google AdSense Policy
To comply with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Google’s updated EU User Consent Policy, we have chosen to show only non-personalized ads to our visitors in the European Economic Area (EEA)(How Google Uses Information From Sites Or Apps That Use Our Services)
Google AdSense Cookies
Google AdSense may set the following cookies on our website.
- IDE (.doubleclick.net): This is one of the advertising cookies of non-Google Sites. Its expiration time is two months.
- 1P_JAR (google.com): This is a Google advertising cookie for user tracking and ad targeting purposes. Its expiration time is one month.
- DSID (.doubleclick.net): This cookie for linking visitors’ activity across devices if they have previously signed in to their Google Account on another device. Google use this to coordinate the ads across devices.
- NID (.google.com): This is a preferences cookie. This cookie contains a unique ID Google uses to remember your preferences and other information, such as your preferred language, how many search results you wish to have shown per page, etc. Its expiration time is six months.
Current Opt-Out Options for Google Adsense
Google shows only non-personalized ads to our visitors in the European Economic Area (EEA). For our other visitors, if you
Also, you can install this browser plugin to maintain your preference to opt-out of personalized ads from Google, even if you’ve cleared your cookies.
Alternatively, you can
- brwsr (.envato.market): This is a session cookie.
- AWSALB (1.envato.market): It is a third-party performance cookie. Impact Radius uses Amazon Web Services to host their system. This cookie records which server cluster is serving you.
Other Google Cookies
- SID, HSID (.google.com / .youtube.com): These are security cookies for authenticating users, preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and protecting user data from unauthorized parties. Their expiration time is two years.
- APISID, SAPISID, SSID, SIDCC (.google.com / .youtube.com): These are various unique identifiers. Their expiration time is two years.
Learn more about the types of cookies used by Google by visiting the following link: Types of Cookies Used By Google
Social Media Cookies
Social media widgets that enable social media functions on our website use these cookies. Your social media platform may be able to link information or actions about your interactions with our site to your account with them. Therefore, please see your social media platform’s privacy policies for more details. We may use the following social media widgets on our website:
For the sake of transparency of this Cookie Notice, we would like to share some
We use the latest version of WordPress Content Management System (CMS) on our website to deliver our content. It is compliant to the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as of the version 4.9.6 since May 17, 2018. WordPress sets wordpress_test_cookie to check whether your web browser allows or rejects cookies. It is a session cookie which is deleted from your computer when you close your web browser.
Also, we use certain WordPress plugins on our website. They are apps that allow us to add new features to our website. Similarly, while we select which plugin to use, we care for your privacy. Therefore, we only use GDPR compliant plugins on our website. Here is a list of plugins we use on our website.
This plugin allows us to present our prior consent. By the help of this plugin, we are able to let you choose your consent, reset, and change your consent. It sets two cookies (wpca_cc and wpca_consent) in the case of consent so that our website can remember your consent choice for only one day (1 day). If you decide to change your consent before this time period, the plugin resets the cookie. (WeePie Plugins Website)
Contact Form 7
We use Contact Form 7 for our Contact page. reCAPTCHA (Privacy – Terms) protects our contact form. Also, we implemented a consent system for our contact form. So, unless you give your consent to us, that form won’t work. As you can see from this page, they clearly stated that they don’t track or transfer personal data. So, it is safe to use for our visitors.
In addition to the Cookie Settings on this Cookie Notice, you can manage preferences for Cookies within your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject cookies. To do this, you can follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. You can find more information on this at the following addresses:
For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them, you can visit the following link: All About Cookies
Changes to our Cookie Notice
If we decide to change our Cookie Notice, we will post those changes in this section.
As you can see, although we can not guarantee 100% safe internet experience, we value your privacy more than anything. We will try to comply with all regulations regarding this. Please feel free to visit our website as you wish. Even if you decline cookies, most features of our website will work. So, you will still be able to see most of our content. However, some features (comments, videos) may not work.