Here on this page, you may view a selection of our publications and purchase them through Apple Books by clicking “Get it on Apple Books” links.
Publications About Music Theory
An Insight Into Music Theory
An Insight Into Music Theory is a book written and designed for giving any reader a comprehensive grounding in music theory. The main focal point of this book is giving readers the logic behind the music, teaching them how to read, write, understand music and making them ready for further studies such as harmony in a fun and rewarding way without boring them.
This book covers:
- The basics of rhythm, including note values, rest values, augmentation dots and ties, different types of meters, time signatures, counting notes and rests by different methods.
- The advanced knowledge of rhythm, including irregular rhythms, polyrhythms, accents, syncopation, and tempo.
- The basics of tones, including musical notes, notation, clefs, steps, different types of staffs, accidentals, double accidentals, enharmonic equivalents, and alternative notations like guitar tablature.
- The advanced knowledge of tones, including all types of scales, the circle of fifths, the circle of fourths, all types of intervals, all types of modes (modal scales), and keys in music.
- The fundamentals of expression in music, including dynamic markings, ornaments, and navigation.
Easy to Understand
You will find the step-by-step approach of this book very useful for your studies. You don’t need any initial knowledge about music theory to understand this book. It is already arranged in logical and self-contained chapters and sections in such a way that even if you know nothing about a subject, you can still start your learning curve just by visiting relevant chapters.
The overall language of the book has passed all reading ease scores such as Coleman Liau index, Flesch-Kincaid, and ARI (Automated Readability Index). So it is really easy to understand the content of this book.
Easy To Use
The interactive widgets of this multi-touch book transform the reading experience into an entertaining journey. You can use the interactive animations to study a subject. You can review what you’ve learned at the end of each section.
One of the highlights of this book is the audio files below most of the images. This way, you can listen to the audio files of the scores right in the book. There is also a small glossary of musical terms that you can use within the book.
With over 680 high-resolution images and tables, over 460 high-quality audio files, and most importantly unique insights, this is one of the most detailed introductory books about music theory.